Craving some delectable sushi in the vibrant city of Miami? Look no further! Miami boasts a diverse array of sushi restaurants that cater to every palate. Whether you’re a sushi aficionado or just dipping your toes into the world of raw fish and rice, we’ve got you covered. Join us as we explore the top sushi spots in Miami, each offering a unique culinary experience that’s sure to satisfy your cravings.
Azabu Miami Beach
At Azabu Miami Beach, tradition and innovation come together to create a sushi experience like no other. With a focus on quality, their fish is flown in from Japan, ensuring the freshest flavors possible. Beyond sushi and sashimi, their Japanese menu offers a range of meat, vegetable, and composed fish dishes. Don’t miss their tempura corn and miso cod for a delightful twist. For an intimate experience, head to The Den, a hidden omakase hideaway within Azabu.
- Location: South of Fifth
- Good for: Discerning diners seeking premium sushi and Japanese cuisine.
- Famous Dish: Tempura corn and miso cod.
- Why visit: Enjoy a diverse selection of sushi and sashimi, or experience the secret omakase hideaway at The Den.
Uchi Miami, an expansion of the award-winning Austin restaurant, offers exceptional sushi and innovative dishes. Let their experienced staff guide you through the menu, and consider indulging in the omakase experience. Did you know? Nigiri is meant to be flipped upside down to savor the fish’s delicate flavors first. And don’t miss their happy hour for unbeatable value.
- Location: Wynwood
- Good for: Those seeking innovative sushi and a chef’s tasting experience.
- Famous Dish: Market-price omakase.
- Why visit: Trust the expert staff to guide you through a unique culinary journey, including happy hour specials.
Stephen Starr’s Makoto brings upscale Japanese dining to Bal Harbour. Famous for its crispy rice and exceptional sushi, Makoto offers combo platters showcasing the freshest fish. Experience instant gratification with their chef’s choice variety. The rice-to-fish ratio is perfection, making each bite a memorable one.
- Location: Bal Harbour
- Good for: Sushi enthusiasts looking for upscale dining and crispy rice delicacies.
- Famous Dish: Crispy rice sushi.
- Why visit: Indulge in supremely fresh sushi with a perfect rice-to-fish ratio.
ZZ’s Sushi Bar
Bringing a unique dining experience to Miami, ZZ’s Sushi Bar combines NYC classics with Miami-inspired creations. With a Michelin star under its belt, this spot is known for its outstanding sushi and innovative dishes. Indulge in Japanese ice cream sandwiches by Stephanie Prida for a sweet ending.
- Location: Miami Beach
- Good for: Those seeking a luxurious dining experience with NYC classics and Miami-inspired dishes.
- Famous Dish: Japanese ice cream sandwiches.
- Why visit: Enjoy exquisite sushi and seafood creations in a unique setting.
Osaka, an internationally renowned eatery from Lima, masterfully blends Peruvian and Japanese flavors. Explore a diverse menu of sushi, seafood, and traditional anticuchos. Their sashimi platter and omakase offerings are a testament to their dedication to premium ingredients.
- Location: Brickell
- Good for: Exploring the Peruvian-Japanese trend with premium ingredients.
- Famous Dish: Sashimi platter and omakase options.
- Why visit: Experience a fusion of sushi, seafood, and traditional anticuchos.
Sushi By Bou
Originating in Boca Raton, Sushi By Bou offers an omakase experience that’s both exquisite and efficient. With 12 or 17-course options, you’ll be treated to a memorable culinary journey. Located at SLS Brickell, it’s the perfect choice for a quick yet satisfying night out.
- Location: Brickell
- Good for: Time-conscious diners seeking a curated omakase experience.
- Famous Dish: 12-course and 17-course omakase options.
- Why visit: Enjoy a speedy yet delightful dining experience with expertly crafted sushi.
Hiyakawa in Wynwood presents a formal omakase experience, aiming to be the city’s best. With an ambiance reminiscent of Tokyo’s Ginza neighborhood, Hiyakawa offers an intimate counter experience. Indulge in their $250 omakase for a showcase of the freshest ingredients.
- Location: Midtown
- Good for: Those looking for a formal and upmarket omakase experience.
- Famous Dish: $250 omakase experience.
- Why visit: Witness skilled sushi chefs at work while indulging in premium seafood.
Sushi Yasu Tanaka
Chef Yasu Tanaka’s sushi mastery shines at MIA Market. Paying $59 for 10 pieces is an investment in sushi craftsmanship. While located in a food hall, the quality and flavors are unparalleled, making it a benchmark for sushi experiences.
- Location: MIA Market
- Good for: Sushi purists seeking exceptional quality.
- Famous Dish: 10-piece sushi platter.
- Why visit: Experience the mastery of Chef Yasu Tanaka’s sushi skills.
Sushi by Scratch
Sushi by Scratch defies formality with playful omakase offerings. Expect rare fish and wagyu beef creatively paired for a unique dining experience. Locally sourced ingredients add depth to their innovative combinations.
- Location: West Coconut Grove
- Good for: Those who want a playful and creative sushi experience.
- Famous Dish: Unique combinations of rare fish and wagyu beef.
- Why visit: Enjoy locally sourced ingredients paired in unexpected ways.
Wabi Sabi Miami
Nestled in Shorecrest, Wabi Sabi Miami serves artfully arranged sushi bowls bursting with flavor. Their easygoing style complements a sleek menu, offering fresh combinations of tuna, salmon, crab, and more. Maki rolls cater to all preferences, while deconstructed sushi is a delightful departure from the norm.
- Location: Miami
- Good for: Those who appreciate fresh and flavorful sushi bowls.
- Famous Dish: Fresh sushi bowls and maki rolls.
- Why visit: Relish the easygoing ambiance and artfully arranged sushi combinations.
Miami’s sushi scene is a treasure trove of culinary delights, from upscale omakase experiences to creative sushi creations that tantalize the taste buds. Whether you’re a sushi connoisseur or just looking for a delightful dining experience, Miami’s sushi restaurants have something for everyone. With a diverse array of options and flavors, you’re sure to find your perfect sushi spot in the Magic City. So, go ahead and embark on a sushi adventure that will leave you craving for more!
What is omakase dining?
Omakase is a Japanese dining style where the chef curates a unique tasting menu, showcasing their creativity and the freshest ingredients of the day.
Can I find budget-friendly sushi options in Miami?
Yes, many sushi restaurants in Miami offer a range of options to suit different budgets, from omakase experiences to à la carte selections.
Are there sushi restaurants with outdoor seating?
Absolutely! Several sushi spots offer outdoor seating, allowing you to enjoy your meal in the beautiful Miami weather.
What is the Peruvian-Japanese trend?
The Peruvian-Japanese trend, also known as Nikkei cuisine, combines traditional Japanese flavors with Peruvian ingredients, resulting in unique and delightful dishes.
Are there sushi restaurants that offer happy hour specials?
Yes, some sushi restaurants have happy hour specials, offering discounted drinks, sushi rolls, and appetizers during specific hours.