Miami, the city of sunsets and sweet cravings, has a dessert scene that’s nothing short of heavenly. From delectable pies to heavenly cakes, we’ve scoured the city to bring you the top 10 dessert destinations that will make your taste buds dance. Join us on this delightful journey through Miami’s best dessert spots and satisfy your sweet tooth cravings.
1. Pink Pie – A Slice of Sweetness
For those craving dessert in Miami, Pink Pie is a must-visit.If you’re a fan of pies, Pink Pie in Wynwood is your haven. Their motto, “Don’t be shy, try some pie,” encapsulates the spirit of this charming bakery. Their mini pies, such as key lime and Oreo Nutella, are perfect for a quick, satisfying treat. But the real gem is their s’more pie, smoked with hickory wood for that authentic campfire essence.
- Location: Wynwood
- Good for: Pie Lovers
- Famous Dish: Key Lime and Oreo Nutella Pies
- Why Visit: Indulge in irresistible, bite-sized pies that change seasonally, or try the smoky s’more pie for a campfire-inspired treat.
2. Jaguar Sun – Kouign-Amann Ice Cream Sandwich
Jaguar Sun, a downtown gem, serves an extraordinary dessert: the Kouign-Amann Ice Cream Sandwich. Chef Carey Hynes combines leftover Kouign-amann (a flaky pastry) with housemade vanilla ice cream, delivering a sweet yet savory sensation. This dessert is so popular that it often sells out, so be sure to order it as soon as you sit down.
- Location: Downtown
- Good for: Ice Cream Enthusiasts
- Famous Dish: Kouign-Amann Ice Cream Sandwich
- Why Visit: Experience the perfect blend of sweet and savory with a pastry and ice cream combo like no other.
3. KYU – Mom’s KYU Coconut Cake
At KYU in Wynwood, savor the essence of Dessert Miami with “Mom’s KYU Coconut Cake. This towering delight, based on a cherished family recipe, features layers of fluffy coconut cake, creamy frosting, and a generous sprinkle of coconut flakes. It’s served with a side of fresh coconut ice cream, all placed on a bed of toasted coconut. Pro tip: Consider taking a whole cake to-go; it’s that good.
- Location: Wynwood
- Good for: Coconut Cake Lovers
- Famous Dish: Mom’s KYU Coconut Cake
- Why Visit: Savor a towering slice of coconut heaven, made from a cherished family recipe.
4. Yardbird Southern Table & Bar – Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
Created by the talented pastry chef Hedy Goldsmith, the Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie at Yardbird Southern Table & Bar is a dream come true. This icebox cake boasts an Oreo-cookie crust piled high with peanut butter ice cream, peanut butter cups, marshmallow creme, and a drizzle of hot fudge. It’s garnished with an edible chocolate rooster, adding a tasty and on-brand touch.
- Location: South Beach
- Good for: Peanut Butter Fanatics
- Famous Dish: Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
- Why Visit: Delight in layers of peanut butter goodness in this award-winning icebox cake.
5. Stubborn Seed – Decadent Dark Chocolate Cake
Dallas Wynne, the pastry chef at Stubborn Seed, offers a delightful alternative to cookies with the Dark Chocolate Cake. This masterpiece features moist layers of dark chocolate cake, chocolate crema, passion fruit mousse, and a meringue-and-passion-fruit topping. It’s served with Valrhona chocolate ice cream that will remind you of a Wendy’s chocolate frosty.
- Location: South of Fifth
- Good for: Chocolate Aficionados
- Famous Dish: Dark Chocolate Cake
- Why Visit: Satisfy your chocolate cravings with layers of moist cake and rich passion fruit mousse.
6. Café La Trova – Michy’s Bread Pudding
Head to East Little Havana for Café La Trova’s bread pudding, crafted by award-winning chef Michelle Bernstein. Filled with velvety chocolate and hints of citrus, it’s a dessert worth savoring.
- Location: East Little Havana
- Good for: Bread Pudding Enthusiasts
- Famous Dish: Michy’s Bread Pudding
- Why Visit: Enjoy a luscious bread pudding filled with velvety chocolate and rum-soaked raisins.
7. Phuc Yea – Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
In Little Haiti, Phuc Yea surprises with a rich and gooey chocolate croissant bread pudding drizzled with condensed milk and topped with shaved coconut. It’s a delightful fusion of flavors.
- Location: Little Haiti / Lemon City
- Good for: Unique Dessert Seekers
- Famous Dish: Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
- Why Visit: Indulge in this rich and gooey dessert drizzled with condensed milk and topped with shaved coconut.
8. Mad Lab Creamery – Glitter Matcha Ice Cream
For a whimsical experience in the Design District, Mad Lab Creamery lets you create your dream ice cream cone with glittering toppings like edible gold flakes and cotton candy. It’s a dessert that’s as photogenic as it is delicious.
- Location: Design District
- Good for: Ice Cream Innovators
- Famous Dish: Glitter Matcha Ice Cream
- Why Visit: Create your dream ice cream cone with whimsical toppings like edible glitter and gold flakes.
9. LPM – Gâteau au Fromage Frais
- Location: Brickell
- Good for: Cheesecake Connoisseurs
- Famous Dish: Gâteau au Fromage Frais
- Why Visit: Delight in a delicate vanilla cheesecake with berry compote that will melt in your mouth.
With these top 10 dessert destinations, your journey through Miami’s sweet side will be nothing short of spectacular. Indulge in the city’s most beloved treats, and let the flavors of Miami’s dessert scene leave a lasting impression. Your sweet tooth will thank you!
Q1: What is the best time to visit these dessert spots?
- A1: Most dessert spots are open in the evenings, making it ideal for post-dinner treats or late-night indulgence.
Q2: Are these dessert places family-friendly?
- A2: Yes, many of these spots welcome families, so you can enjoy sweet moments with your loved ones.
Q3: Do these places offer vegan or gluten-free options?
- A3: Some dessert places may have vegan or gluten-free alternatives, but it’s best to check with each establishment for specific dietary options.
Q4: Can I order these desserts for special occasions?
- A4: Absolutely! Many of these places offer catering or special orders, perfect for celebrating birthdays or other special events.
Q5: Are reservations recommended?
- A5: Reservations are a good idea, especially during peak dining hours, to ensure you secure a table and satisfy your dessert cravings.
Q6: What is the price range at these dessert destinations?
- A6: Prices vary, but most of these dessert spots offer a range of options to fit different budgets. It’s best to check their websites or contact them directly for pricing details.
In this dessert journey, we’ve highlighted the top 10 dessert destinations in Miami, each with its unique sweet offerings. Whether you’re a fan of pies, cakes, or ice cream, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. So, treat yourself to a delightful experience and explore the sweet side of Miami today!